Friday, December 18, 2009

Dreaming of Disney

I'm dreaming of Disney this Christmas, particularly the awesome Disney Dreams collection by Annie Leibovitz. Featuring a incredible collection of award winning celebrities including Scarlett Johansson, Rachel Weisz, Jessica Biel, Roger Federer, Mikhail Baryshinikov, Tina Fey, Gisele Bundchen, David Beckham, Julie Andrews, Abigail Breslin, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Beyonce, Lyle Lovett, Oliver Platt and Whoopi Goldberg. The stars were photographed recreating epic scenes from Disney Classics like Aladdin, Peter Pan, Pocahontas and Cinderella.

"Where Every Cinderella Story Comes True"
Scarlett Johansson as Cinderella




Annie Leibovitz was able to capture moments and portray the infamous Disney magic in a way that only she could resulting in a truly remarkable and timeless collection of photographs - not to mention a killer advertising campaign for the Disney Parks. I've been dreaming of a Disney vacation since I came home from my last trip about six years ago. Unfortunately due to finances and other limitations a trip is not in my future, so for now I'll just get lost in the magic of the Disney Dreams photographs and hope they hold me over until I can make the journey to "never, neverland." I'm dreaming of Disney this Christmas, how about you?

Below are a couple of my favorite photos from the series courtesy of Miss Geeky's blog - for a complete look and more information on the at photograph series check out the article in USA Today.

"Where Wonderland is Your Destiny"
Beyonce as Alice, Lyle Lovett as the March Hare & Olive Platt as the Mad Hatter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails