Monday, December 7, 2009

Radio Show Sign-Off

On Saturday night my parents and I snuggled up by the Christmas tree and fire and watched what is sure to become an instant holiday classic - Terminator Salvation. Okay so maybe it won't be on the list with The Holiday, Love Actually and White Christmas in terms of feel good holiday movies but it definitely had character.

So the basic plot line is that John Connor (played by the fabulous Christian Bale) is leading the "Resistance" against SkyNet and the Terminator machines. The "Resistance" is made up of surviving humans all over the globe who will unite together to take down SkyNet. About half way into the movie John Connor conducts a radio broadcast and launches call to arms for "Resistance" fighters across the globe. At the end of the scene John utters a line that has stood out to me since the first time I saw this movie in the theater - "This is John Connor, if your listening to this you are the resistance."



After viewing this again it got me thinking - this totally awesome phrase could be used for a lot of things. "Resistance" could mean/be different things for different people. Whatever your believe in or your fighting for or whatever your passionate about could be your "resistance".

So I started thinking about how I would use it in my life - I thought about using it if I became a radio DJ or TV Show host. Walter Cronkite had "That's the way it is." - Edward R. Murrow used "Good night and good luck" - and Al Roker has definitely coined "That's what's going on around the country, here's what's happening in your neck of the woods." So if I were a newscaster or had my own radio show I think my sign-off would be "This is Jade Sepolen, if your listening to this you are the resistance." I think it could definitely catch on. What phrase would you use to sign-off?

As always, thanks for listening! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails