Monday, February 8, 2010

New Year; New...EVERYTHING!

Whew! January flew by and with it came lots of change and new beginnings. As the dust on the whirlwind begins to settle I figured it was time for me to update everyone on my life! Like many of you I started off 2010 with goals and resolutions - stay fit/healthy, continue to develop lasting relationships with friends, and try new things. I am working hard to diligently to keep these "resolutions" God threw me a couple of giant curve balls.

I spent the long New Years Eve weekend in Portland visiting two of my best girlfriends. I had an amazing time and it was non-stop fun the whole weekend; definitely the trip of a lifetime. When I got home on Sunday evening after New Year's I got a phone call inviting me to join the team at CRAVESeattle. I jumped at the opportunity and started working with the organization the next day! I have been with CRAVE for about a month working diligently to empower entreprenesses and celebrate phenomenal women in the Seattle area. I am so happy to be a part of such an exciting organization and look forward to the experience in the months to come.

That same week I started two classes - French 1 at Bellevue Community College and Lifestyle Design at Stratejoy. I am still learning Francais and am thrilled about expanding my cultural knowledge and learning a new language - but last week I finished up my Stratejoy class. There is only one word to describe my Lifestyle Design experience - INCREDIBLE! I learned so much about myself, identified my goals and my values, developed my definition of success and developed some lasting relationships with a incredible group of like-minded girls. To anyone who struggles with a quarter-life crisis I HIGHLY recommend this workshop. If you are serious about changing your life this is the best way to do it!

Finally, just last week I was offered a position as a Social Media Analyst at Banyan Branch. After a week on the job I can honestly say that I love what I'm doing and have been enjoying getting to know the rockstar team! I'm still learning to ropes and adjusting to being back on a regular schedule but I look forward to the days, weeks and months ahead learning and growing.

So the dust from all this change is starting to settle and my head has stopped spinning; and there are a couple of people I have to thank because without you none of this would have been possible - my parents, Jess Estrada, Molly Hoyne, my friends, my family and everyone who has supported or influenced me over the years!

So exciting things are happening and I'm excited to embrace things to come no matter what life might throw at me! I know that I am where I am meant to be right now and I wouldn't trade it for the world! On top of it all there will be some cool things happening on the blog and a few other surprises coming this spring. So STAY TUNED.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails